Provincial Grand Lodge of Caithness
John Munro was succeeded in 1951 by John Allan, Past Master of Lodge John O'Groat. Grand Lodge had now resumed the formal installation of Provincial Grand Master's.
There was a curious incident in 1952-3. At the October 1952 meeting it was announced that the test at the end of the First Degree must, by dictum of Grand Lodge, be discontinued. But, in January 1953, Provincial Grand Lodge came to a majority decision to allow it to be continued. In March, after receiving a letter from Grand Secretary, it was decided to allow the Daughter Lodges to make up their own minds. The minutes of Grand Lodge throw no light on the peculiar series of events.
The next Provincial Grand Master was Dr.George Hector Sinclair, Past Master of Lodge Lockerbie Quhytewoollen No.258 and founding Master of Lodge Latheron. ( It may be noted in passing that Lockerbie stands at the base of White-woollen Hill. ) He was installed on 11th October 1957 by Lord MacDonald, now Grand Master Mason.
During 1958 agreement was reached with the four Daughter Lodges to have one firm of professional auditors examine all the books in the Province. Simon and Victor Fraser were willing to do the work and offered to waive the fees. It then agreed to pay them a £20 honorarium. In 1959 the question of whether it was right for a Lodge to be canvassing outside its own "region" was raised but was not pursued.
In 1961, ex-Provist John Sinclair, initiate and Past Master of St.Peter's Operative became Provincial Grand Master.
The present Provincial Grand Master, Alexander Rosie, ninth of the modern line, was appointed in May 1966. He is an initiate and Past Master of Lodge John O'Groat, was Provincial Grand Secretary from 1951 and a Grand Steward of Grand Lodge from 1952. He was installed by the Grand Master Mason, Sir Ronald Orr-Ewing,Bart, on 25th May 1966.